Serving the Manchester
community since 1921
The Miller Family and associates have been serving the Manchester community since 1921. Charles L. H. Miller purchased a butcher shop on Westminster Street in Manchester. The business consisted of selling custom cuts of hogs and steers off horse drawn wagons with routes in Carroll and Baltimore County and even up into Pennsylvania. In 1949 the business moved to a building on the corner of Main Street and Rt. 27. Here the business grew to sell groceries and produce while maintaining the meat routes. Eugene Miller, son of Charles and Mary Miller, grew up helping his parents operate the family business.
In 1984 Eugene and Margaret Miller saw a need for the Manchester community to have a supermarket. On July 11, 1984, Miller’s Food Market was opened. Over the years we have made a few changes to better serve the community. We now offer more locally grown fruits and vegetables, prepared entrees and ready to eat dinners. We are continually adding new products to help better provide for our customers.
Our mission since opening has been “to provide our customers with better service, shorter checkout times, higher quality meats, a clean store, and a friendly place to shop.” Over the years we have had the pleasure to have employed and worked with good people who have enabled us to achieve our mission. We treat our customers and employees the way we would want to be treated and in doing so we have been able to serve more people every year.